Tuesday, February 21, 2012

LeAthER AcCenTs


Its hard to believe the type of weather that we are having this season in the NYC. It seems as if we can kind of take advantage and play with our fashion a little bit; whether it be covering ourselves in over sized sweaters to keep us warm on those cold frivolous days or wearing a little less when the weather is feeling great...

Above, is a picture I found and I thought I would post it so I could contrast from the styles I found below...The woman above is pretty much covered from head-to-toe and almost seems as if she is extremely comfortable. She has a bit of a fashion sense as she coordinates both oversized clothing without making it look sloppy and also sets a color-way from light to dark. What I find intruiging is that she uses her leather boots to add an edge to her outfit. If you think about, without the boots, she would kind of look a little Momish and probably would look a little less trendy just like my friend below.


My friend (on the right) and I recently went to a concert, and I thought I would take a quick photo of her since she is usually up for dressing very casual. She kind of has this kimono/scarf shirt thing goin on which I like due to the bagginess that contrasts from her skinny jeans. If you were to look up closely, you would see ice cream cones all over her shirt, which is kind of cool and appealing in a way, but again, just like the picture above, she adds a pick-me-up to her outfit by including her leather jacket. The black doesn't override the outfit, it just adds depth and maybe even a little bit of confidence, since she is extremely shy.
I think with fashion, leather goes a long way, wheher its faux or real, handbags or shoes, it can help accentuate and make a casual outfit look fierce.




No comments:

Post a Comment