Monday, March 19, 2012

McQueen & Galliano shows



Instead of choosing one fashion show that I liked the most, I decided to go for two. Both Alexander McQueen and John Galliano represent creativity when it comes to putting on show for the audience, if you compare them both, you can see that John Galliano's Christian Dior SS 2011 show is very romantic and Alexander McQueen's SS 2010 show is simply futuristic. What makes them so alike is that  they both set a tone for a unique avante garde approach. Both designers really use their theme to their advantage by adding in music, choreographed performances, and little entrances that sets the thesis for the "play", not to mention, the clothes are just beyond gorgeous!!! I have to say that I admire these two designers very much for their effortless artistry and the ability to create an awesome show. It's a shame that we lost Alexander McQueen so soon, I could only imagine what we would be in store for.





No comments:

Post a Comment