Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chemistry in the Making

 Besides telling a story down the runway, designer lookbooks adds to the representation of the brand and  casts the internal message of the collection to the public. Magazines, blogs, books, videos or compile of photographs are just various ways lookbooks can be formed. Most bloggers use this to give the audience a feel for garments and also tips to what is currently trending.


One of my favorite digital lookbooks is from Gucci's 2008 collection. This video seemed to catch my eye with its retro inspiring James Bond theme of two people rebelliously running around town. In the video, I was immediately drawn to the designers concept, chemistry and creativty. I don't think that I have ever seen both lines, men's and women's, collaborating in a lookbook; however, I think it is rather cool and really diverse.

Check it out.

4 comments:

  1. They definitely added drama with the James Bond themed Music add collection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely a badass fabulosity to those two! I guess you have to be pretty fabulous to wear Gucci.

      Delete
  2. I love this - it's a little cliche, but it's still enjoyable. Personally, I think gucci's collections have been subpar, and it doesn't do much for me anymore. This video makes me like it a little bit more, but I guess I just don't like Italian fashion.

    -Alex (chloeandcoke.tumblr.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! Gucci never fails to impress me with their simple creativity. The idea is nothing out of this world but it is just so well done. It really makes you want to buy into this whole mischievous, sexy, badass persona.

    ReplyDelete